Recovery Procedure for Software-based Spanned Volume
Spanned volume reconstruction consists of the following steps:
- Optionally back up the component disks.
- Locate a destination folder for recovery.
- Determine the spanned volume configuration.
- Reconstruct the spanned volume and recover data to the destination folder.
Back Up the Component Disks
See "Back up the component disks"
in Chapter 16.
Find a Destination Drive for Recovery
See "Destination Folder"
in Chapter 6.
Determine the Configuration of the Spanned Volume
You must know the following:
- The number of extents and their order.
- The first and last sector numbers of each extent. See the discussion at the beginning of this chapter.